Tackling the Big Mess in a Small Room

It's one day after Christmas and I am feeling so motivated to work on my bedroom. We live in a really small house. We moved here about 6 months ago from a house twice it's size, almost (and I thought that house was too small). But God had a plan for us to live in this even smaller house. When we moved we got rid of a ton of stuff. But unfortunately we ran out of time and so the boxes of mostly papers that I didn't have time to sort all came here, plus the things I couldn't decide on. So that leaves me where I am today.

I have a very small bedroom that doubles as a storage. My closet is tiny and I have storage boxes stacked up in there, too. Barely any room to hang our clothes, so there's a good excuse why I also have clothes piled up here and there. What I'd like to do is buy some type of wardrobe/closet thing and just use the tiny closet for storage. Today I am going to get started on sorting. I should add pictures so you can more fully sympathize, but wow! that would be embarrassing!

I was thinking that this new year I was going to really tackle my room and other parts of the house, but today I woke up thinking "why wait?" So I'm getting a head start. I am going to sort into piles...stuff I want, stuff to toss and stuff to give-away. Hope I don't lose my enthusiasm :) I will be posting updates as I go so please check back. I need some accountability :) So here I go!!

Are you starting a new project? Good luck if you are.

*Update: It's almost been three hours since this was posted and I did something that I totally did not expect! First I decided to completely clear out the little closet. When I did, I came across a closet space maker bar. So now I have two levels. Upper for shirts and lower for pants and scarves. I still have room on the side for dresses and I have those hangers where you can hang several things on one, which my skirts are hanging on. I am not going to put the storage boxes back in there and now I have a closet that I can use and is very organized. Although it's still really small, it's adequate! I have a shoe holder hanging on my closet door also. I am now going through storage boxes and organizing them and finding places for everything. Or getting rid of stuff. And guess what?? I am labeling them!

**I seriously doubt that anyone is reading this....but it's the second day and things are moving slow. I haven't been able to be home long enough to get anything done. But wow, the closet looks good. the rest looks like a bomb went off.

***This is beginning to feel a little ridiculous...but I am so glad to report that there's only a small amount of stuff left to sort through and I'm even more ashamed to tell you that it has been kinda fun. Wow, that seems weird.

Comments

  1. I'm glad to hear that it is possible. I have a vision of a (small) wall that is all storage to the ceiling. I googled small room big mess and I got you
    Annette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still a work in progress...with the transition from moving into a smaller house, as well as being somewhat of a recovering pack-rat...I have a lot to do. But it's a nice challenge as well as an interesting adventure!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Old Houses

The Difference God Makes

Down By the River