Where the Rubber Meets the Road

Sometimes things are so hard to figure out. Maybe that's why we shouldn't ask "why", but "how". How do I do this thing? Not why did this happen? That's easier said than done. Time to start trusting God for the purpose in these things and trust the promises He's made... all things work together for good for those who love Him and are called according to His purpose. God will not put more on us than we can handle, without providing a way of escape so we may bear it. Also that He came to give life and give it more abundantly. His word is full of promises to hold onto. Sometimes His timing seems slow to us, but it's always perfect.

Right now my life seems to go from one confusion to the next. One clinging to a promise to the next. And I wonder if it will ever be resolved. I have ongoing struggles that I really don't know how to deal with. So lately I've just been holding onto His hand and trying to trust Him with everything. This truly is the place where the rubber meets the road in my life. If He's going to do something, this would be the time. I guess I say that because I have run out of ideas, solutions, and any way of trying to fix anything, it's all up to Him now and He's pretty faithful.

And while all this sort of chaos plays out in my life, He's blessing me. I cannot figure it out. I think it's His way of balancing things out. He simply amazes me. If you're reading this and things are hard and confusing for you, just know God is there and wants to help you through it. I'm thinking the fog will lift soon.



I will lead the blind by ways they have not known, along unfamiliar paths I will guide them; I will turn the darkness into light before them and make the rough places smooth. These are the things I will do; I will not forsake them. Isaiah 42:16



* It's been a few days since I posted this. Today I am feeling impressed to pray for wisdom like it says in James 1:5. If you're reading this,  please say a little prayer for me. Thank you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Old Houses

The Difference God Makes

Down By the River