Things are changing fast. God dropped another job into my lap--which I really love. My daughter goes with me and I get to spend every day with her. Kids grow up so fast! She'll be a teenager soon and you know what that means. My daughter, Savannah, is in a boarding academy about 3 1/2 hours from where I live. Our church is gung ho on having the kids in Christian Schools and have made it possible for kids whose families can't afford it, through various ways, to be able to go. My local church family have also committed themselves to helping Savannah. I pay what I can, which isn't a lot and I am so thankful for all the help. So there are only 3 of us home now...the incredibly shrinking household!! Hard to believe now there were seven of us! My girl will be here for visits and the summer. And of course I'd like to add one more member..instead of always decreasing ;) But he's nowhere to be found..YET! I do have my eye on someone...but it's just a thought. A sneakin...
I love old houses. I feel really sad to see them like this. To me this house is still beautiful, still majestic. I imagine all the rooms. All the detailed woodwork and moulding inside, the stairway, the high ceilings and old fixtures that are still intact. Like doorknobs, locks and hinges. Probably some of the original glass is still in the windows. At one point someone must have really loved this house. This is a storybook house. It reminds me of the "The Secret Garden." It's tucked away and hidden. I can imagine myself wandering through the woods and stumbling upon it. Then bringing paint and other things to fix it up. I read a book once when I was a kid about a girl who found a house and did that, but I can't remember the name. When I see a house like this, it makes me think of the little farm family that once lived here. If I try hard enough I can still see kids running through the yard laughing and mama hanging clothes on the line. Simpler times, simpl...
I'll be glad when all of this is over and far, far into the past! The ex is threatening not to let the girls go to church on HIS weekend. Before we finished the divorce, while we were "agreeing" on stuff, I told him I didn't have a problem with him having the girls every other weekend, but they still had to go to church. He totally agreed to that. But now he's making threats and going back on his word. Yes, this is the only thing he has to use to hurt me with and I told him it's the girls he's hurting. Then he threw out there that He might take them to church in a different town. That's doubtful. When I first became a Christian, Savannah was only a year and a half, Sophie was five months and Mandie wasn't even born yet. Since I began taking them, they've rarely missed a day in church. Mandie was in church since conception. She came out singing hymns! Since we belong to a small church, I have had the privilege of spending years teaching my own...
Comments
Post a Comment